Kollam Clock Tower is a major landmark in the town of Kollam and it stands high in the heart of the town. This tower has become a symbol of Kollam District, a sort of non-official emblem.
The quadrangular tower was built by the natives in honor of Unichakam Veedu K G Parameshwaran Pillai, the former chairman of Kollam Municipality from 1932 to 1948. The construction was started in 1941 and completed in 1944. Built with brick and white cement, it has the distinction of being the first clock tower of the erstwhile Travancore. The four big clocks placed on the sides were brought from Kolkata and its origin can be traced to Britain.
The clock tower is situated about 71 km from Thiruvananthapuram, beside the National Highway 47, at Chinnakada, close to the Kollam Junction Railway Station and Puthiyakavu Temple.
Some of the other nearby attractions are Thangasseri Beach, Thangassery Light House and Thirumullavaram Beach.